Puppy Chow is a classic childhood favorite that is good any time of year. Any camping trip, school event or girl scout meeting someone always had a giant bag of puppy chow to share. Growing up my house never was very big on puppy chow. After giving it a try in college I can see why its always around. It is so easy to make and completely addicting to eat. It was fun to add these little treats to my 25 Days of Baking list.
- 1/2 C. Peanut Butter
- 1/4 C. Butter
- 1 C. Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 C. Butterscotch Chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 C. Crispix Cereal (any flavor)
- 3 C. Powdered Sugar
- Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a medium pot and melt over medium-low heat.
- Stir in vanilla to mixture.
- Place the 9 cups of Chex cereal in a very large bowl.
- Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss, until all the cereal is coated.
- Place the powdered sugar in a large zip-lock bag.
- Add the peanut butter-chocolate cereal mixture to the bag, leaving enough room for the puppy chow to be shaken (you may have to divide the mixture into smaller batches, coating one batch at a time).
- Shake the bag to coat each piece of the puppy chow with powdered sugar.
- Once the mixture is fully coated, place in a large serving bowl and serve.