I can’t explain how much I love our new oven. There have been so many recipes that I have been dying to try and so far they have all been complete knockouts! Last night I tried an oven baked taco recipe I have had my eye on. I simplified the recipe a bit and they were absolutely dynamite. I kept the tacos themselves very basic and then laid out the table with everyones favorite toppings so they could customize their tacos after they had been baked.
- 1 lb. Ground Hamburger (80/20 is my fave)
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 12 oz. Refried Beans
- 1 Package Taco Rice
- 12 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 C. Ortega Medium Taco Sauce
- 8 Eight Inch Flour Tortillas
- Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet cook hamburger according to directions on taco seasoning package.
- Stir in tomato sauce and taco sauce.
- In a small pot heat refried beans until smooth for about 3 min over medium heat.
- In a large bowl combine rice, meat and beans to create taco filling.
- Scoop about one cup of filling into each taco shell.
- Grease a large/deep baking dish and stack shells in dish side by side.
- Sprinkle each taco with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 min.
- Serve with your favorite taco fixings.
inspired by: www.food.com