The other day my mom and I were shopping downtown Stillwater and stopped in to one of our favorite stores Alfresco.This shop is filled with everything for the kitchen garden and home, as well as many other fun finds. While browsing their kitchen section a jar of Coq Au Vin Simmering Sauce caught my eye. I don’t have much experience with french cooking but this was a name I recognized. I simply followed the directions right on the jar (I did tweak a little), and the result was a-maz-ing! To find Alfresco and other Stillwater highlights I would recommend checking out the Stillwater Facebook page: facebook.com/mainstreetstillwatermn. Original recipe and sauce are available online at: stonewallkitchen.com
- 3 1/2-4 1/2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Strips
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 1 T. Butter
- Stonewall Kitchen Coq Au Vin Simmering Sauce
- 6 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms (Quartered)
- 1 Box Pene Pasta
- 1/4 C. Italian Dressing
- Pat chicken pieces dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large straight sided saute pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers, but does not smoke. Add chicken in small batches and cook until golden brown and crisp on all sides.
- Return chicken to pan and add mushrooms and one jar of Coq Au Vin Simmering Sauce. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes. Remove lid and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box and toss with Italian Dressing.
- Remove chicken and serve over pasta.